Parents' Association (QPA)
The Parental and Teacher Association (PTA) is called The Queens' Parents' Association (QPA). It consists of a group of volunteer parents and teachers who work together to make Queens' a better environment for children to learn.
When your child becomes part of the Queens' learning community, you become part of the school community too and the QPA gives you the opportunity to meet and join with other parents at Queens' School.
The QPA aims to raise funds to help to provide the best possible resources, facilities and opportunities for the benefit of all students at Queens' School, that might otherwise not be purchased or available due to the budget restrictions currently facing all schools.
The committee usually meets every other month on a Monday, to plan and organise events, review our finances and allocate funds to various projects.
If you are a parent or carer of a child at Queens’ School and are interested in joining the QPA please e-mail us on: email@example.com
- Art – £500 for a wire sculpture workshop.
- Computer Science – £945 to assist with the increased number of students studying this subject by purchasing text books and learning materials.
- Maths – £400 for a variety of resources including sets of dice, giant egg timers, chess notation pads, packs of mirrors.
- Music – £359 for a 5pc American Drum
- Drama – A flipcam for filming practical work and large display photos.
- English – 2 Workshops at £500 each with author Steve Skidmore ‘sub culture’ author Bries.
- PE – £700 towards new mats
- Dance – A camcorder for filming rehearsals and exams (to be shared with the PE department).
- Food Tech – Stir Pans and Pressure Cookers
- MFL – £682 for learning resources / worksheets for GCSE and A Level students.
- House Funds – £100 to each house.
- Duke of Edinburgh – £229 for new maps
In December 2019 the school got a new minibus! This was funded with monies raised at the Queens’ School 50th Anniversary celebrations in September 2019 organised by the QPA and with the assistance from West Herts Charity Trust. A huge thank you for this great resource for the students.
The QPA also promotes The Development Fund which is another way parents and carers can contribute to helping improve facilities and opportunities for students.
You can help in other ways too. You can offer your services, for example one parent stepped in as DJ for the disco at short notice and another used his van to transport a steel drum kit to the school.
If you work for any large organisations (some of them listed below) that may provide £for£ matched fundraising please do get in touch as this can make a massive difference to the amounts raised.
Fundraising made really easy!
Do you shop on-line?
If the answer is YES, then easyfundraising is a brilliant and easy way for you to help raise funds for Queens’ School.
Four Easy Steps:
- Go onto www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/qpa/
- Register and select Queens’ School Parents’ Association – Bushey as your cause
- Click on one of the many retailers listed – Amazon, M&S, Argos, John Lewis, Tesco, Not on the High Street, Sainsbury, Nike, Next, Booking.com plus many more……………..
- Shop online as usual
You pay exactly the same for the products but the retailers donate a percentage of what you spend to the school. Fantastic! All you need to do is remember to sign into your www.easyfundraising.org.uk account before each online shop.
Please sign up for all your online shopping and help raise much valued funds.