Queens’ School Library
The Library is a whole school resource for all students and staff. It is open daily from 8:00am until 4:00pm, including at break and lunchtime. It is staffed by our qualified Librarian and Library Assistants.
The Library aims to:
- To promote a love of reading for pleasure.
- To develop information retrieval skills.
- To encourage independent, investigative enquiry.
We deliver our aims by:
- Delivering a programme of information literacy skills to students which they can use in their school career and beyond.
- Maintaining an appealing, current, diverse and inclusive range of resources to students and staff of all levels and abilities.
- Offering a vibrant, accessible, welcoming and calm space for students and staff to be able to read and study in, throughout the school day.
Accessit Library Catalogue
Our online library catalogue contains:
- Information and availability of our large selection of books, textbooks and eBooks.
- Current library news, including, library events, reading lists and recommendations, training materials.
- Links to our online resources for student use only.
The catalogue can be searched by staff, students (login allowed) and parents/guardians (guest access only).
Expectations for Behaviour in the Library
The Library is to be used for serious study and quiet reading: no other activity should be taking place.
- Bags and coats to be left outside at all times.
- No mobile phones or headphones.
- Food and drink must be not brought into the Library.
- Laptops use for homework or study only.
- Quiet or silent study only.