Welcome to Queens’ School
I am delighted to welcome you to Queens’. This is a thriving school with a well-established reputation for high standards. Today we are the largest co-educational state school in Hertfordshire, with 1700 students on roll. The school benefits from extensive facilities including 12 all-weather sports pitches set in extensive playing fields of over 50 acres.
We aspire to provide each student with the best educational opportunities that transform potential into the highest academic and social achievement. Students at Queens’ consistently achieve examination results that are well-above the national average. We are one of the highest performing schools in the country, a fact recognised by Nick Gibb, Minister of State for Schools.
At Queens’ we care passionately about your child’s character, their personality and social skills, the way they treat others and the contribution they will make to society. We actively promote a culture where students feel safe particularly through our House system.
Queens’ is a place where staff are proud to work, parents want to send their children and students have a sense of belonging. It is a happy and friendly school.
- Queens’ CCF take to the skies! 07 December 2016 - Queens’ CCF cadets were lucky enough to fly tutor planes (once take off had been completed!). Students were able to put the plane into a zero gravity nose dive – and watching their flying gloves float in in front of them! There was also barrel rolling and loop the loosp – for the ‘fun fear […]
- Punctuality Letter to Parents 23 November 2016 - Link Below: Punctuality Letter to Parents
- Science club making rockets! 17 November 2016 - This is science club making film canister rockets using vinegar and baking soda! Try it yourself at home. Instructions here: http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-fair-projects/project_ideas/Chem_p086.shtml#procedure
- November Newsletter 2016 09 November 2016 - Download November Newsletter 2016
- Watch Year 13 Drama students devising stimulus to be performed in February 04 November 2016 -
- Cross Country 2016 – Gallery 02 November 2016 -