Welcome to Queens’ School
I am delighted to welcome you to Queens’. This is a thriving school with a well-established reputation for high standards. Today we are the largest co-educational state school in Hertfordshire, with 1700 students on roll. The school benefits from extensive facilities including 12 all-weather sports pitches set in extensive playing fields of over 50 acres.
We aspire to provide each student with the best educational opportunities that transform potential into the highest academic and social achievement. Students at Queens’ consistently achieve examination results that are well-above the national average. We are one of the highest performing schools in the country, a fact recognised by Nick Gibb, Minister of State for Schools.
At Queens’ we care passionately about your child’s character, their personality and social skills, the way they treat others and the contribution they will make to society. We actively promote a culture where students feel safe particularly through our House system.
Queens’ is a place where staff are proud to work, parents want to send their children and students have a sense of belonging. It is a happy and friendly school.
- Laura Hooper – England World Cup 26 September 2016 - Laura Hooper now a fully-fledged member of the England’s Women’s Football Club, selected to play in the Under 17 World Cup team in Jordan. Catch her on Eurosport 2. England’s first game is on 1st October against North Korea.
- Year 7 – First Day at Queens’ 22 September 2016 - View our pictures from our Year 7s first day at Queens’
- Senior School Presentation Evening 20 September 2016 - View our pictures from Senior School Presentation Evening
- Key Stage 3 Netball 20 September 2016 - Key Stage 3 students participate in the filming of new Key Stage 3 Resources for schools with the England Netball Team https://www.englandnetball.co.uk/coaching/coaching-videos/
- Reece Farrow Tennis Success 20 September 2016 - Reece Farrow selected again to represent the County at the ’12 Counties’ event being held in Corby on the 15th October.
- 2016 A Level success! 09 September 2016 - The staff and students at Queens’ celebrate yet another successful year of A Level results with 58% of students achieving A* – B grades, 81 % achieving A* – C grades and 83 % of all students in year 13 gaining a place at university of which 43 % were from the Russel group. External […]