School Admission Tests: Information for Parents
The SW Herts Admissions Consortium comprises the eight secondary schools in the area which operate admission tests for a proportion of their intake:
Parmiter’s, Queens’, Rickmansworth, St Clement Danes,
Watford Grammar School for Boys, Watford Grammar School for Girls and Croxley Danes School.
If you are considering applying next term for a place for your child at any of these schools, you will need to register with the Consortium before Friday 22nd June 2018. Please read the following guidance carefully.
1. The website for registering your son or daughter with the Consortium will open at midday on Monday 30th April 2018. It will remain accessible until Friday 16th June and you can register your child at any time in that period. There is no advantage in registering on the first day; indeed if too many parents try to do so, the website might not cope with the demand. Late registrations will not be accepted.
2. The website address is: www.swhertsschools.org.uk. There are links to each school’s website, and a frequently asked questions section.
3. You will be asked to register for the tests by logging on to a parent portal using a password. The password should be memorable and secure. Once you register you must regularly log on to the secure web page to view the initial registration for the tests, the allocation of the test centre for the tests you wish your child to take, and the allocation of music audition times (if your child is successful in Music Stage 1). Results of tests will be available on the site. Please see the calendar for information on timescales and deadlines. Please remember that it is your responsibility, as a parent, to log on to the secure website to view the information at the appropriate times throughout the testing process.
4. If you wish to register by post, you will need to collect a registration form from any of the Consortium schools. The address to send the completed registration is on the form. The closing date for receipt of a paper application is also Friday 22nd June 2018.
If you register by post and want to receive an acknowledgement that we have received your form, please enclose a stamped addressed envelope. Late registrations will not be accepted.
Do not use both methods to register the same child; use the online system or the postal address, not both.
5. The Familiarisation Papers can be also be downloaded from the registration website: www.swhertsschools.org.uk
6. These papers will give your child an idea of the type of questions that are asked in the tests, though the standard in the tests is different.
7. If you consider that your child might be disadvantaged under the terms of the Disability Discrimination Act, or has special educational needs which require the test centre to make particular provision for the tests, you must provide written evidence of this from your child’s current school Headteacher. This evidence must be sent immediately after registering for the test. Please send a copy with the name, date of birth of your child along with the SWH Reference given on registration to Test Co-ordinator
BY POST to South West Herts Schools Tests, PO BOX 2439, Watford, WD18 1UZ.
SCAN AND EMAIL the evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
It is very important that you do this so the paperwork is received by Friday 22nd June 2018, at the latest.
8. The tests will take place in September. You will be allocated a test centre by Wednesday 4th July. This has absolutely no bearing on the schools to which you might eventually apply.
9. Please make sure that your child is eligible for a place at your preferred school under that school’s admission criteria. These are published on each school’s website. If your child is not eligible, there is no point in registering the child to sit the tests.
The South West Herts Admissions Consortium
Key Testing Dates for Secondary Transfer in September 2017
|Dates – all in 2018||Test|
|Monday 30th April||Online registration for the tests opens|
|Friday 22nd June||Online registration closes
Late registrations will not be accepted.
|Wednesday 4th July||Parents informed of test venue|
|Friday 22nd June (Final Deadline)||SEN Notification Date
Immediately after registering please send a copy of the
|Saturday 8th September||Academic test|
|Thursday 13th September||Music aptitude test|
|Friday 14th September or Tuesday 18th September*||Queens’ School sports aptitude test|
|w/c Monday 24th September||Start of second round music tests|
|Wednesday 17th October||Scores notified to parents|
|Tuesday 31st October||Secondary application deadline|
*Test allocated on an alphabetical basis which cannot be changed.
Parents must ensure their child’s availability on the published test dates above.
One further date for the academic and music test will be arranged, if required, for children that registered on time who miss the main testing days because they were medically unfit (a medical certificate will be required) or for specific religious observance only.
PLEASE NOTE : WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCOMMODATE CHILDREN WHOSE HOLIDAY COMMITMENTS CLASH WITH OUR TESTS OR FOR ANY OTHER REASONS THAN THOSE STATED ABOVE.
Please contact any of the Consortium schools if any of this information is unclear:
Parmiter’s, Queens’, Rickmansworth, St Clement Danes,
Watford Grammar School for Boys, Watford Grammar School for Girls and
Croxley Danes School.