Welcome to Queens’ Parents’ Association
When your child becomes part of the Queens’ learning community, you become part of the school community too and the QPA gives you the opportunity to meet and join with other parents at Queens’ School.
Why does Queens’ have a PA?
The Queens’ Parents’ Association aims to raise funds to help to provide the best possible resources, facilities and opportunities for the benefit of all students at Queens’ School, that might otherwise not be purchased or available due to the budget restrictions currently facing all schools.
The Committee usually meet every other month on a Monday, to plan and organise events, review our finances and allocate funds to various projects that the school submit bids for.
The QPA has got this year off to an excellent start and since September 2018 awarded funds in response to bids as follows.
- Multimedia headsets for the IT department
- Money to the English department for author Steve Skidmore to visit the school for a day to work with several groups of students
- Two new table tennis tables
- £500 to the Library team for students to select new books from the Book Bus
- £250 to each House
- Equipment and a dishwasher for the Food Technology department
- £486 to the Geography department to create a Weather Station in the Outdoor Classroom
- £555 to MFL for subscriptions to language publications and for stamps to improve student feedback and marking
- £547 to PE for Team Football Kits
- £500 to the History department for new resources
The QPA also help to promote The Development Fund which is another way parents and carers can contribute to help improve facilities and opportunities for students.
You can help in other ways too. You can offer your services, for example one parent stepped in as DJ for the disco at short notice and another used his van to transport a steel drum kit to the school.
One of the easiest ways to raise funds is via easyfundraising (see below and separate tab) which allows you to help us do more for the school without leaving home! For anyone who shops on the internet this is your way of helping us.
If you are a parent or carer of a child at Queens’ School and are interested in joining the QPA please e-mail us on:
We really appreciate all parents, carers, family, friends and teachers who support our events.
Also, if you work for any large organisations (some of them listed below) that may provide £for£ matched fundraising please do get in touch as this can make a massive difference to the amounts raised.
Fund raising made really easy!
Do you shop on-line?
If the answer is YES, then easyfundraising is a brilliant and easy way for you to help raise funds for Queens’ School.
Four Easy Steps:
1) Go onto www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/qpa/
2) Register and select Queens’ School Parents’ Association – Bushey as your cause
3) Click on one of the many retailers listed – Amazon, M&S, Argos, John Lewis, Tesco, Not on the High Street, Sainsbury, Nike, Next, Booking.com plus many more……………..
4) Shop online as usual
You pay exactly the same for the products but the retailers donate a percentage of what you spend to the school. Fantastic! All you need to do is remember to sign into your www.easyfundraising.org.uk account before each online shop.
Please sign up for all your online shopping and help raise much valued funds.