To apply for Queens’ School…
The South West Herts Consortium operate a testing before preference process for all children wishing to apply to one of our schools (Bushey Meads, Queens, Rickmansworth, Parmiters, Watford Girls & Boys Grammar Schools and St Clement Danes) for secondary transfer. The following information is intended to explain the initial steps in the secondary transfer process.
- The parents of any child currently in Year 5, who might apply for a place in Year 7 in 2014 at any of the Consortium schools under test criteria, must register for testing with the Consortium. The best way to do this is via a website that we have created, but postal registration is also possible. You can apply online at the following link – www.swhertsschools.org.uk
- For any parent who does not have internet access a paper form can be collected from any of the Consortium schools. Paper registrations must be posted to: South West Herts School Tests, PO Box 2439, WATFORD WD18 1UZ before 3rd September 2013.
- On-line registration to sit the tests will open on 13th May and close on 28th June.
- Parents are reminded that, to clarify confusion and avoid disappointment, you should make sure that your child is eligible for a place at a preferred school under that school’s admission criteria. These are published on each school’s website. If the child is not eligible, there is no point in that child taking any of the tests.
- Parents will be allocated a test centre, based on postcode, by 15th July. This has absolutely no bearing on their eventual secondary school preference.
Please note, if your child is allocated Queens’ School for their Academic Test. this will take place on North side.
- Parents of children with special needs that will require the test centre to make particular support arrangements must notify the centre before 3rd September 2013. Parents will need written confirmation from their child’s Headteacher explaining the additional support provided by the primary school.
- To apply to Queens’ School you must also complete our supplementary information form (SIF) and return it to Queens’ School by 25th October 2013.
Secondary transfer in 2014 – Key dates
Registration Closes: Friday 28 June 2013
Date of Test Venue Notifications to Parents: Monday 15 July 2013
SEN Notification Date: Immediately after registering please send a copy of the test registration confirmation email along with written evidence to Test Co-Ordinator, South West Herts Schools Tests, PO Box 2439, Watford WD18 1UZ. Information must be received by Friday 5 July.
Academic Test: Saturday 7 September
Music Test: Tuesday 10 September
Sports (Queens’ School Only): Friday 20 September
Technology (Bushey Meads School Only): Saturday 21 September
Start of Second round music tests: Week commencing Monday 23 September
Scores Notified to parents: Monday 14 October
Because Queens’ School uses the information from the admission tests in order to group the new intake appropriately, it is necessary for all potential applicants to Queens’ to sit the tests, including those intending to apply as siblings of a present pupil of the school. This is not done to determine whether they will be offered a place as this is guaranteed under the sibling rule. This applies only to applicants for places at Queens’ School.
Admissions direct line: 01923 478238
Previous Years Test Scores
2013 – 218
2012 - 212
2011 - 208
Music (Audition Score)
2013 – 24
2012 - 18
2011 - 24
2013 – 91.55
2012 - 96.56
2011 - 80.88
DISTANCE (Furthest Distance on the Proximity/Distance criterion)
2012- 1386.848 metres
This is for use as a guide only.
• The figures quoted below are the marks that were the lowest – in that particular year – to achieve entry under the Academic, Sport and Music Criteria. THEY ARE NOT pass marks or marks that must be achieved in order to gain an offer of a place at Queens’ School
• The lowest mark is that obtained by an applicant when the number of places available for that criterion is reached, whatever that may be.
• Each year is different. Therefore, the lowest mark required for a place in Year 7 in September 2014 will be known only when the offers have been made on 1st March 2014.